Count Von Roo is currently awake. Try your luck! Deadly Dice » x
Faerie Slingshot (r250) [Artifact]View in Item Database
DescriptionThis powerful artifact was created from two other slightly-less powerful artifacts! Faerie Slingshot


Average Rating [?]
Attack Strong Hit (1/3 Chance):
*earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**earth**light**light**light**light**light**light**light**light**light**light**light**light**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical* + *physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical**physical*
Weak Hit (2/3 Chance):
*earth**earth**light**light**physical* + *physical**physical*
Defense N/A
Reflect N/A
Effects N/A
Actual Icons
Restocks At N/A
Used By Lab Ray Scientist
Mootix Warrior
Special Categorization Cooking Pot - This item is mixed at the Cooking Pot.
Notes Has a 1 in 30,000,000 of doing its strongest hit (62 Icons).
If you have 2 FSS, the chance of both of them doing their strongest hit (124 Icons total) is 1 in 900,000,000,000,000.

Some probabilities are so low that they are rounded to a 0% chance.
The distributions are over a 100% Chance. Note that the Strong hit is only 33.33% of the time and that the Weak hit is only 66.66% of the time.
Distributions - Faerie Slingshot
Minimum: 4.30
Maximum: 7.00
Mean: 5.65
Minimum: 33.00
Maximum: 62.00
Mean: 47.59
Ratings - Faerie Slingshot
At a Glance (3/3):
This has a 33% chance of hitting on average ~47.6 icons of pure faerie power. 12 from light, 17 earth, and ~13.6 from physical. For the other 67%, you will be hitting 5.7 total icons.

In-Depth (4/4):
If I did my math correctly, then this averages ~19.6 total icons per turn. This, however, doesn't mean you can rest easy with dual anagram swords. If your fighting in lower leagues, the opponent is TOAST (or really, really close to be) if it hits. Practically, in any league, the user will put the opponent in a bind if it hits, and a 33% success rate, while low, is still enough to warrant use.

Other than the varying strength, this weapon is also pretty safe to use. Craftsmans Lens, Kings Lens, and Pirate Captains Hat will take care of the light and earth, but they will be behind because of the physical. Using a full physical blocker will take care of the physical, but not the other two elements. The opponent could use them both, but they would be tying up their resources on ONE weapon, which might not even make strong hits. This is good for the user because the opponent has to either outdamage using two constants, or attack with one constant while countering the user's second constant (if it's a constant).

Price (1/2):
Based on what it's capable of doing, the high-end price tag of ~170m(?) is justified; based on it's actual averages, the high-end price is definitely not worth it, since you can easily hit ~18 icons from any anagram weapon, such as Sword of Ari. You will also have a stronger constant on average from Ghostkersword or Sword of White Lies (~1 icon more) for almost 1/3rd of t...
▼ Read More ▼
1P 7/10: Ah, the powerful but temperamental slingshot of faeries that can have the highest damage output out of any weapon. It averages an underwhelming ~19.6 icons though, which is slightly less than the cheaper Ghostkersword. The variability can steal you some battles that you wouldn't otherwise be able to win, but it may also frustrate you excessively. Consider Grapes of Wrath as a reliable constant. FSS is pretty much a necessity for the Balthazar Basher trophy. This weapon is a luxury if you enjoy its variability.

2P 6/10: While earth/light is a combination that is easily defended by Kings Lens, Craftsmans Lens, and Pirate Captains Hat, the mass physical icons produced in strong hits means FSS will usually come out ahead even when defended against. The sheer power of this weapon might incite fear in your opponent, causing them to excessively shield/reflect…or your opponent might not defend that strongly since it only has a 1/3 chance of doing substantial damage. The variability of this weapon can easily win or lose battles.

Rated on January 21, 2013