Today, accounts aged over 60 months get a discount at the Hidden Tower! Shop » x
DaveNew Wraith Resurgence Steps
Posted by Dave on December 19, 2017, 10:06 am NST
It looks like there is something new to do in the Wraith Resurgence plot!

The "Wild Woods" have opened up, which you can access by clicking on the bridge to the right of Kaia.

It appears that the activity is similar to the Faerie Caverns, where you select between heading left or right at three forks in the road. If you are successful, you'll find a cloaked figure running away. If not, then you'll be locked out and need to wait 2 hours before being able to go back in.

Once you have found the figure running away, you appear to be done for the step currently. It is unknown if this will become a daily activity or something similar. As of day 2 of the woods being released, you cannot re-enter if you already came across the cloaked figure. There are currently no achievements to unlock for this part of the plot.

Elsewhere, the two existing Wraith opponents have begun dropping Mysterious Cyan Coffers:

These are no-trade items that serve as an additional NC element to the plot (similar to the casks from the War for the Obelisk). Using Golden Keys from the Mall will allow you to unlock them. Currently you can get 4 Cyan Coffers, enough to unlock the 4 available NC items. It appears there will be additional coffers released in the future.

Note: Coffers are optional and opening them will not count towards plot completion. They are only awarded alongside of your normal daily 15 item drop maximum when battling. (In other words, if you already received your 15 items today battling other challengers, you will need to wait to receive your coffers tomorrow by battling the wraiths first.)
2b4saken, 12/19/2017, 10:15 am NST
I went Left then Right then Right again but the second right was wrong.

bonju, 12/19/2017, 10:18 am NST
New items in the NC Mall too!

sketch, 12/19/2017, 10:22 am NST
I went Left, Left, Right, then "followed the sound" to find someone leaving

danikavarekai, 12/19/2017, 10:24 am NST
I went "Left, Left, Left" then "followed the sound" to find someone leaving as well.

dustin, 12/19/2017, 10:25 am NST
I also went left, left, left and followed the sound.

_kingdomheartsf_68, 12/19/2017, 10:25 am NST
Yeah, I did right right right and "followed the sound" to this:

sketch, 12/19/2017, 10:26 am NST
"Who's that cloaked figure running in the distance? Perhaps if you were a little faster, you could have reached here in time to find out."

Hmm...green pants, beige shirt and burgundy hood, i mean he almost looks human...

sabriogando, 12/19/2017, 10:27 am NST
Left
Left
Right
I was too late
Some figure was leaving
New dialogue appeared

Shoyru: I am absolutely sure of it! Someone or something was prowling around here, and was clearly up to no good!
Skeith: Look, I'm not saying I don’t believe you. All I'm asking is, how'd it disappear so quickly?
Shoyru: I have no idea! In fact, I have a feeling it’s still somewhere around here.
Skeith: No – I know what you're going to say. Bad idea! Let's go talk to someone. Let's tell Fyora.
Shoyru: And say what? We don't know what it is – or what it even looks like! We don't know what it was doing here. We have no concrete information.
Skeith: I am NOT going to look for it!
Shoyru: We'll stay safe, I promise!
Skeith: Look, this is stupid! No!
Shoyru: You're just scared! Come on!
Skeith: *sigh* This is a bad, bad, bad idea...

Then you can go to battle or see the story so far

daughters_ofthe_moon, 12/19/2017, 10:29 am NST
I went all rights then followed the sound to see the cloaked figure

_kingdomheartsf_68, 12/19/2017, 10:30 am NST
Yeah, I saw the story so far too. Nice background!
Yep, new dialogue appears when you find the figure.

daughters_ofthe_moon, 12/19/2017, 10:31 am NST
went and fought the second enemy and won a Mysterious Cyan Coffer is that new?

sabriogando, 12/19/2017, 10:33 am NST
You need some NC key to unlock the cyan coffer

_kingdomheartsf_68, 12/19/2017, 10:37 am NST
Yeah, about that Coffer:
Golden Key
This Golden Key can be used to unlock a Mysterious Coffer. You will need one key per coffer. Unlock the coffer to receive one exclusive NC item. Note: Please read the Mysterious Coffers FAQs before purchasing.

daughters_ofthe_moon, 12/19/2017, 10:39 am NST
Couldn't find an FAQ for it

sweetneopine, 12/19/2017, 10:46 am NST
LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, saw the figure- wasn't fast enough. And that dialogue with the Skeith & Shoyru appeared (For me) at the bottom of the HQ page BEFORE I could click on the bridge to go to the Dark, Dark Woods. (I started randomly clicking on the HQ main page- hoping for ANYTHING!) So...it appears L, L, L, and R, R, R, get you to see the cloaked figure...is this their way of saying "you need to boost your agility" (since they said 'if you'd been faster' since it is otherwise a useless BD trait?

rayvictoria, 12/19/2017, 10:50 am NST
I went LLL and didn't see the cloaked figure, so that's not it.

michael, 12/19/2017, 10:54 am NST
18 days, yikes

aimierre, 12/19/2017, 10:58 am NST
I went Left, Left, Right, then "followed the sound" to find someone leaving as well, but was to slow *le sigh*

catsrnice, 12/19/2017, 11:07 am NST
I went left left left (left?) until I saw "follow the sound" to where I saw a cloaked figure leading. It also said that if I were quicker I might have been able to catch them.

ruinfox, 12/19/2017, 11:21 am NST
I clicked on the direction that didn't have rubble blocking the archway, idk if I just got lucky or not but I got all the way through. I believe it was right right left (right following the sound)?

mavegibson, 12/19/2017, 11:30 am NST
I did the same as ruinfox - I took each path that wasn't blocked with rubble and got to the cloaked figure running away on the first try. When I went back to HQ the bridge is no longer clickable and the new dialogue is there with the Shoyru.

eliz1bef, 12/19/2017, 12:18 pm NST
I went LLR and now I have to try again. I wonder how long I have to wait?

michael, 12/19/2017, 12:21 pm NST
It appears the wait time is 2 hours between attempts. Catching a glimpse of the figure is the winning outcome, after this you can no longer attempt this game.

eliz1bef, 12/19/2017, 12:24 pm NST
Thanks Michael.
I finally got back in, went LLL followed the sound and missed the figure. I can no longer get into the woods, and I've not gotten an enemy or a coffer.

cloonshannagh, 12/19/2017, 12:25 pm NST
Left, left, left I thought I could squeeze past that last pile of rubble. Well, time to set alarm. *lol*

michael, 12/19/2017, 12:41 pm NST
Coffers come as regular item drops from beating the previous wraiths in the battledome.

topaz644, 12/19/2017, 1:48 pm NST
Friend of mine battled the wraiths 3 times before doing his normal farming battles. He says each wraith gave him a coffer and an item. He ended up with 3 coffers and 15 items.

mistyraider, 12/19/2017, 3:03 pm NST
Are there 3 different wraiths to battle? Only 2 show up for me.

I also 4 coffers and 15 other items, but I'm not getting my nps. It stoped at 1200. keeps saying I earned 50, but I don't get anymore,

purplebin, 12/19/2017, 3:18 pm NST
I got the cloaked figure my first try! I always do LLL in the Faerie Caverns, and used that.
I wish I was as lucky with the Coffers, I only wanted the wig but had to open all four before I got it.

foxycleopatra, 12/19/2017, 4:07 pm NST
I did RLR and then got the figure. I clicked the link here to get to the woods instead of the bridge. Afterward, there was the story link back at HQ. Going to try battling now..

foxycleopatra, 12/19/2017, 4:15 pm NST
Got a creepy wall hanging from the coffer

1jediboy, 12/19/2017, 4:45 pm NST
I KNEW it couldn't be the last step! I just KNEW it!

cat, 12/19/2017, 5:31 pm NST
I used LRL and followed the sound to a figure running away. I guess that was the right outcome?

alli_draggy, 12/19/2017, 5:34 pm NST
Left Left Left and
Uh oh... It looks like you can't go any further. You better return to the headquarters before it gets dark.

puffkins2000, 12/19/2017, 9:26 pm NST
I think I'm the only one that used Right Right Right, lol.

morganjoisle, 12/19/2017, 11:02 pm NST
I went "right, right, right" and hit a dead end the first time, and went "right, right, left" and hit a dead end the second time. *shrugs shoulders*

mygardengrows, 12/20/2017, 5:02 am NST
The first image was slightly different both times I tried it. I suspect this is the key that tells you which combination you need to use. The first time I tried this, the first image DID NOT have a gnarled old tree visible beyond the 2 archways. The 2nd time I tried this, there was a gnarled old tree beyond the archways in the 1st image.

mistyraider, 12/20/2017, 5:26 am NST
I went Left, Left, Left and saw the cloaked figure...maybe it's random?

dave - JN Staff, 12/20/2017, 7:04 am NST
@puffkins2000: I'm on #TeamRightRightRight too... but it was wrong for me. Ended up being Right Right Left.

_kingdomheartsf_68, 12/20/2017, 7:21 am NST
@puffkins2000 Check my comment above you, I used Right right right first.
(It was the only right way. )

purplebin, 12/20/2017, 9:45 am NST
I just noticed that the first Coffer looks just like the War Booty Chest 1-Pack. The War Booty Chest 5-Pack is magenta, and the War Booty Chest 10-Pack and 20-pack are both purple.
I'm going to guess that we will be getting a magenta and a purple mysterious coffer eventually.

tanoshii, 12/20/2017, 1:15 pm NST
As of day 2 of the woods being released, you cannot re-enter. There are currently no achievements to unlock for this part of the plot.
I didn't find the figure yesterday but I could still enter today, I guess its open until you manage to find it?

1jediboy, 12/20/2017, 3:43 pm NST
I AM #TeamDownDownBackDown!!!!

1jediboy, 12/20/2017, 3:44 pm NST
(OK K.O. reference.)

dave - JN Staff, 12/20/2017, 3:59 pm NST
@tanoshii: Oops, good catch! Clarified the meaning to mean exactly what you observed--you can keep entering until you find the Cloaked Figure, but after that it doesn't seem to reset.

josie, 12/20/2017, 4:54 pm NST
Is there a way to check which one of the cyan coffers has the background inside? Maybe item ID or something similar, and I really don't know how to do that The background is the only thing I really would like to have.

rodgerflint, 12/20/2017, 5:05 pm NST
Chests no longer seem to be a part of the 15/day BD drop limit. I got two this afternoon plus another fifteen items.

1jediboy, 12/20/2017, 7:21 pm NST
Me + Right Right Right = Correct.

morganjoisle, 12/20/2017, 11:12 pm NST
@sweetneopine: I got that message and I DO train in agility. JoIsle's got an agility of 521 now, even!

jweb, 12/21/2017, 2:56 am NST
@morganjoisle isn't better to train strength and defense after you reached 300 Intelligence.
intelligence is only needed for some wapens?

dave - JN Staff, 12/21/2017, 10:05 am NST
@josie: No, the item you receive from the coffer (which are all identical) is random.

cloonshannagh, 12/21/2017, 12:51 pm NST
Yesterday, BBB (agility 1013) caught a glimpse, but wasn't able to catch him either. Now she is making "I want to take more agility classes, please." sounds. I said "Sure. Right after you finish your strategy and tactics (Level) courses." *lol* Grace, speed and flexibility need to be encouraged.

josie, 12/21/2017, 3:23 pm NST
@Dave - Thanks so much for your help

dolamant, 12/21/2017, 3:52 pm NST
I used the "avoid blocked routes" and got to fast moving person, first time. Maybe include that in the walkthru...

Haven gotten a cold this winter, I am enjoying the slow pace of this plot.

mistyraider, 12/21/2017, 6:55 pm NST
I'm glad I got a glimpse, cuz neo seems to be down for me now!

blackcatxiii, 12/23/2017, 12:25 am NST
I didn't get to find the cloaked figure at all. Will this have an effect on my plot achievements?

hachi, 12/24/2017, 12:30 am NST
New step is available, decoding note 3!
Merry Christmas!

looney10, 12/24/2017, 12:53 pm NST
I haven't been able to try this a second time....is anyone else stuck on the "Who's that cloaked figure running in the distance?..." page?

When I click go back to HQ, I can no longer click on the bridge?

Any one else experiencing this? Is this another glitch?